- March 2016 - March 2019: Stanford attended Study Sessions with Portola Valley Town Council and community workshops organized by the Council
- May & July 2019: Stanford hosted four community open houses to receive initial public input on the proposed housing development
- September 2019: Stanford submitted formal project application to the Town of Portola Valley, including revisions to the initial design concepts in response to community input
- September/October 2019: Town started formal review of the application and began environmental review under CEQA
- Fall 2019 - Fall 2020: Town has been overseeing the preparation of an environmental impact report and review of the project, to culminate in public hearings
- January 2020: Town held a Scoping meeting to get community input of the Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- August 2021: Conducted site tours for Town Committee members and the general public.
- March 30, 2022: Public Draft of the Environmental Impact Report released
- Early 2023*: Public hearings expected to be held
As with all proposed development, the EIR includes a review of all environmental impacts, including traffic, schools, fire safety, seismic safety, open space, light spillover, etc. Findings for this project will be issued when the EIR is published. Comments on the EIR will be invited from the public and Town Committees prior to the EIR being heard at the Planning Commission and Town Council meetings.
* This timeline is projected and subject to change.
July 2019 Open Houses
In July 2019, nearly 50 people attended Stanford University hosted Open Houses to provide community input.
Click below to view display boards.