Portola Terrace Loop and Alpine Road Trails
The guidelines for these trails on Stanford property follow the objectives and principles laid out in the Trails and Path Element of the Portola Valley General Plan.
The goals are to:
- minimize any disturbance to the natural terrain and vegetation;
- provide a variety of experiences for users;
- provide convenient, safe passage;
- minimize intrusion on privacy in residential areas;
- adapt to the existing conditions to the extent possible.
The proposed routes are equivalent to the location and length of the conceptual routes found in the Trails and Path Element of the General Plan.